Thursday, January 13, 2011

Finding Emacs - "Learning GNU Emacs"

v 0.2
I was googling for some information on "nroff-mode" in Emacs, and unexpectedly, I found a Google copy of "Learning GNU Emacs" in Google Books.

I now have found two brilliant books on Emacs.  First is the reference manual by Richard Stallman, and the second is this.  From what I've read of it so far, I think Amazon will sell another copy.  Unlike most, this is more of a TUTORIAL rather than a reference manual, so it lets you put things in perspective.

As I have come to realise, Emacs is a long term project - but one which will repay the effort many times over.



Later.

Update

There are significant differences between the 2nd and 3rd editions.  For example, Mail is not covered in the 3rd edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment